My friends, I bring great news: Above the Storm has been nominated for the Liebster Award! Wow!
I’m so thankful to Mel from Hey, It’s Mel! for nominating me. She’s a very bright young woman, and her personal blog is fun to read; check it out. I have heard about this award in the past but didn’t think anyone would ever nominate me. Honestly, just being a nominee is an honour!
I’m not big on social media but I knew that I needed at least one handle to promote the site. After a bit of experimenting, Twitter ended up working for me, and I’m happy to have found other writers and mental health advocates there. I hope to grow my connections in the future with some great voices.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions provided for you, and come up with 5-10 more questions for your nominations.
- Give the award to 5-10 other bloggers who you appreciate.
- Leave a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them for the award.
- Link to this blog post https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/ by the Global Aussie in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Head back to https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/ and leave a comment with your Liebster Award blog post link.
Mel’s questions for me:
First of all, can you provide 5 interesting facts about yourself?
Five interesting facts, hmm… let’s see: I’ve had my own website or blog since I was about 6. I watch anime sometimes. I enjoy making visual art but haven’t in a while. I was obsessed with cheese for many years until recently. My hobbies include practicing energy healing and yoga.
What would you say is the biggest challenge about blogging?
How did you decide what your blog was going to be about?
I actually just wanted to share my methods for getting better from depression and anxiety at first. I also wanted to talk about therapy since it helped me so much, and I know that’s not always the case for a lot of people.
How much time do you spend blogging?
That’s hard to say, but lately, I’ve been spending a few hours per week writing, planning, or updating my new layout. I include Twitter time in there as well since I’m on there to promote my message.
How did blogging change your life?
Blogging has always allowed me a private space to vent my heart out. I have improved my writing skills through blogging over the years, and it just makes me so happy to write!
If you had the chance to travel back in time OR to the future, which option would you choose and why?
Tough question! I’d go back in time and talk to my younger self and tell her how special she is. I want to keep the future a surprise!
What do you think is overrated, and what do you think is underrated?
Overrated: Starbucks, Valentine’s Day, Instagram yogis.
Underrated: Introspection, nurses, not caring about being such a productive person in a fast society.
Finally, which fictional character would you most like to meet and why?
I’d love to meet Sailor Moon and Sakura Kinomoto because they were huge inspirations to me as a child.
Questions you need to answer:
- Why did you create your blog?
- What other talents or hobbies do you have?
- What are your 3 favourite movies?
- What is the best thing about being you?
- If you could do anything with your life, regardless of money or life circumstance, it would be…